VACANCY: PART-TIME COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (PAID)
Soar Media is looking for a talented individual to join our skilled team as a part-time Communications Intern.
The role would suit a current undergraduate or recent graduate looking for their first opportunity within the communications industry.
This is a superb opportunity for someone wishing to gain valuable experience across all areas of communications, including social media, media monitoring, content generation/publishing and proofreading, focusing on a predominantly sport-based client portfolio.
Reporting to the Communications Executive and Communications Manager, the successful candidate will work on a number of projects, assisting in the promotion of our clients’ activity, alongside the communications team.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Assisting in content generation and management of company and client social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook)
- Website content generation and email marketing activities
- Helping to support the daily activities of the communications team (e.g. copywriting, proofreading, responding to emails, answering the office phones, conducting feature interviews, liaising with clients on a day-to-day basis)
- Production and distribution of press releases
The ideal candidate will possess the following ESSENTIAL skills:
- Strong copywriting skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of football from grassroots through to the professional game
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude and flexible approach to business requirements
This role will be for an initial set period of three months, with a view to extending that period and the role’s responsibilities subject to a successful review.
Starting date – as soon as possible depending upon availability
Salary – dependent upon experience
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to:
Chris Mortley, Communications Manager, via email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Part-Time Communications Intern’.
As part of the application, shortlisted candidates will later be asked to complete a 300-word written task.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 15 February 2019
Soar Media will only contact applicants shortlisted for the role. If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 20 February, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.