VACANCY: PART-TIME COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (PAID)
Soar Media is looking for a talented individual to join our skilled team as a part-time Communications Intern.
The role would suit a current undergraduate or recent graduate looking for their first opportunity within the communications industry.
This is a superb opportunity for someone wishing to gain valuable experience across all areas of communications, including social media, media monitoring, content generation/publishing and proofreading, focusing on a predominantly sport-based client portfolio.
Reporting to the Communications Executive and Communications Manager, the successful candidate will work on a number of projects, assisting in the promotion of our clients’ activity, alongside the communications team.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Assisting in content generation and management of company and client social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook)
- Website content generation and email marketing activities
- Helping to support the daily activities of the communications team (e.g. copywriting, proofreading, responding to emails, answering the office phones, conducting feature interviews, liaising with clients on a day-to-day basis)
- Production and distribution of press releases
The ideal candidate will possess the following ESSENTIAL skills:
- Strong copywriting skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of football from grassroots through to the professional game
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude and flexible approach to business requirements
This role will be for an initial set period of three months, with a view to extending that period and the role’s responsibilities subject to a successful review.
Starting date – as soon as possible depending upon availability
Salary – dependent upon experience
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to:
Chris Mortley, Communications Manager, via email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Part-Time Communications Intern’.
As part of the application, shortlisted candidates later be asked to complete a 300-word written task.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 22 March 2019
Soar Media will only contact applicants shortlisted for the role. If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 3 April, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.